Dr. Amen, one of our clients at Stark, a world-renown brain expert, told me once that the fatter you become the smaller your brain gets. Therefore, it’s important to maintain a healthy weight. Further, the cliche’ “Use it or lose it” certainly applies to your brain. Keep your brain functioning at a high level and youthful by continually learning new things: crossword puzzles; matching games. Also, eat a diet high in fats from food sources like eggs, beef, sour cream. Get more rest, and make time to ‘play’ during the day. Another tip: avoid sugar. Americans consume, on average over 150 lbs of sugar per person per year. Diabetics are 4 times as likely to suffer from dementia!
April 18, 2012
7 Sins Which Will Slow Your Metabolism and Crush Your Performance, Part V: Brain Abuse
This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 at 3:25 pm and tagged with biosignature, Brad Davidson, brain, California, charles poliquin, Dr. Amen, gym, Irvine, Orange County, personal trainer, personal training, Stark, stark training and posted in Lifestyle, Nutrition. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Welcome to STARK"If you get a shot at victory make damn sure you take it! Seize the moment!! That moment is the crossroads where everything you want will collide with everything standing in your way. Fear and doubt are thundering like a freight train straight at you and all you got, the only difference from making history and being history, the only thing you can count on at any given moment is YOU. Do you have have what it takes? Let's see what you got. THERE ARE NO 2ND CHANCES ONLY THIS MOMENT!"
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Stark’s Recent Blog Posts
- How to Keep Stress from Sticking
- 60 Second Tip: When to Eat the Last Meal of the Day for Fat Loss
- How to Prepare a Super Model for a Pageant
- 60-Second tip: Discipline and Diet
- How To Get Lean Legs
- Leila Hurst On Young Women’s Health!
- 7 Sins Which Will Slow Your Metabolism and Crush Performance, Part VI
- Controlling Blood Pressure and Weight with Sleep and Hydration.
- 7 Sins Which Will Slow Your Metabolism and Crush Your Performance, Part V: Brain Abuse
- 7 Sins Which Will Slow Metabolism and Crush Performance Part IV